Friday 16 August 2013

Blog Every Day in August: Tradition

Day 16 is: Tradition

We don't really have any traditions in our family... unless you count slagging each other off and having pointless arguments.

I have my own tradition, though. It's pretty silly, but I love it.

I take hundreds of photos; we've established that. 

S was born on a Monday. Every Monday, I make sure I take a good photo. One where you can see how much she's grown, what she looks like. I save them all in a special folder. I do the same thing on the 9th of every month, and each month I can't help but look back over the collection, and see how much my tiny little pickle has grown, how much she's changed, but also how much she's stayed the same.

I thought I'd probably stop once she turned 1; at least the weekly photos. Turns out I didn't want to. So I've kept going. We're up to 16 months now, and 70 weeks. I still love taking the photos; I still love saving them in a special folder; I still love looking through them and smiling.

These are the photos I've saved since she turned 1 (except this week's):

Single Mother Ahoy Tradition Montage

1 comment:

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...