Monday 12 August 2013

#MagicMoments: 12th August

For the first time ever, I sat here on Sunday afternoon and thought, ooh, it's that there Magic Moments linky tomorrow, what shall I write about? Usually, I don't remember a linky is happening until I see a tweet about it on the actual day.

So any way, I'm sitting here wondering what to write about, and then I look up, and see that S is playing Peekaboo with herself in the mirrored film I put on the cabinet.

A little further observation found that actually, she spends a lot of time in front of the mirrored film. I put it up a few months ago, but since then I suppose she's not really spent much time on the play mats; she's been at nursery, or we've been out and about, or had visitors who've taken up most of her attention. Today is probably the first day in a while where she's had more than an hour to just pootle about and entertain herself.

It's been quite fun to just sit and watch S playing with her toys, reading her books, pulling faces at herself in the mirror film.

Single Mother Ahoy Magic Moments

I tend to feel a bit guilty if S is left to her own devices to play for a while, but actually, having read the information I used in this post, I find that actually it's probably good for her to play with stuff without my joining in. It's also way more entertaining than TV to watch her pottering about, playing make-believe on the phone or make-believe eating tea.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely moment to watch. I think we do have to let go of the guilt and not worry when they are having me time ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww honey, you were super speedy this morning on linking up!! i remember a similar time with Joshua, it takes you breath away that this little person is learning and has learnt so much.

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...