Thursday 25 July 2013

A Script for Parenting

Single Mother Ahoy Peekaboo

There are certain phrases I hear myself saying to S over and over (and over) again... Here are some of them:

  • Ahh, cuddles for Mummy! What a lucky Mummy I am!
  • Oooooh, you're so gorgeous, I could put you in a pie and eat you!
  • Please put your legs down! (when she's in the buggy)
  • Not Mummy's glasses please, I need those!
  • Where's S? Where's my S? Where's she gone? There she is! Peekaboo!
  • Where's Mummy? Where's Mummy gone? Where is she? Here she is! Peekaboo!
  • C'mere and let me wipe that nose!
  • Uh-uh, you know the rules: when we're outside the hat stays on your head please!
  • Please stop throwing your food on the floor just so you can practice saying "uh-oh!"
  • Where's Ted gone? Can you go and find Ted? Where is he?
  • Awwww my little pickle, Mummy loves you SO much!
I say most of these about 50 times every day, mostly without even really thinking about it.

Do you have a set script for parenting? What are the things you repeat over and over again?

2 comments:

  1. 'Please stop jumping on the kitchen floor' has been used very regularly since we got a complaint from our upstairs neighbour about the noise this makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. At the moment I'm saying a lot of;
    "Please get off your brother/sister"
    "Please be careful with that, Mummy needs it"
    And, "What word are you missing?" as I try to get them to remember their pleases x

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...