Saturday 25 May 2013

Sling Talk

mama with baby in sling


Things people have said to me whilst wearing S in the sling:

  • That's the best way to travel!
  • She looks comfortable!
  • He looks comfortable!
  • You've got something on you...
  • Is there something you want to get off your chest?
  • Isn't she heavy like that?
  • Nawwwww!
  • You're not still carrying her, are you?
  • I wish I could go about like that.
  • I bet that's difficult isn't it?
  • Doesn't your back hurt?
  • Don't you have a buggy?
  • There's a baby on you.

You get extra points if you come up with something amusing... or at least something I've not heard a million times before!

Thank you for reading! If you've enjoyed this post please share it with your friends using the buttons below.

If you've enjoyed this post you may also enjoy:
Things NOT to Say to Me

5 comments:

  1. I've been humming and ha-ing about whether or not to invest in a sling. Would you advise one? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've used a sling with S since she was tiny, and love it.
      Practically, it's 100 times easier to get around busy shops without the buggy. But also, I think it's nicer for baby to be close to you. They're at eye level so can see more of what's going on, and S has literally never cried whilst in the sling. Plus if you're breastfeeding, you can do that while they're in the sling, and do the washing up at the same time!

      Delete
  2. When DS was newborn I had a massive raincoat that I could do up over the sling (not covering his head, before anyone panics!). I was in the corner shop one day and an elderly gent kept staring at me. After a couple of minutes DS started grumbling so I undid the raincoat, at which point the gent exclaimed loudly "Well bugger me, that's a baby! I thought you were just really fat!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have said 'Doesn't that make your back hurt' So no extra points for me :-(

    S does look really comfy though, I definitely might have to invest in a sling for future kids.

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop.

    Hope to see you again next week

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a gauze woven wrap for when Baby C arrives and it came with a slightly fleecy winter wrap too... Can't wait! I've been practicing with teddy bears!xx

    ReplyDelete

Do please leave a comment and let me know your view!

Comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear straight away.

Please remember: it's fine if we have different views, as long as we have them without making personal attacks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...